Tokyo restaurant is sacrelicious

Last night I went to a friend's birthday party at a restaurant/bar in Shinjuku called Christon Cafe. Shinjuku is very crowded at night. Imagine the most crowded place you've ever been and then think of that being everywhere. Christon Cafe is a strange and gaudy refuge from the crowds. The entire thing is decorated like the interior of a Catholic church, complete with stained glass windows and random church-y paraphernalia everywhere. There was a set menu of 7 courses and all you can drink (for about $30). The food was actually really good, but unfortunately much of it didn't get eaten because there was just too much. Afterward, people went dancing at a place called "Arty Farty," but I didn't want to miss the last train to Shibuya (about 1 a.m.) and have to pay for a taxi, so I went back home. The Tokyo bar scene is certainly eclectic--one can find a bar that suits just about any theme.

2 Comments:
At 10:22 AM,
Anonymous said…
You didn't go to Arty Farty?!? Daniel!
At 10:32 PM,
Daniel said…
i went, but it wasn't a "gas" so i had to "pass"
Post a Comment
<< Home